If there are things that trigger you, or just squick the hell out of you, you might want to have a look at this page before you proceed with the story. However, mind that you might get spoiled.
I do not warn for queer sex because sex is wonderful and nothing to be warned about. But given the nature of this website, I would warn for sexual encounters between characters of different genders if ever that should happen in one of my stories.
Voilà, by alphabet:
- depictions of a man’s rape attempt on a woman
- depictions of psychological torture
- good guys getting humiliated
- black and white do not exist, ethical dilemmas
- the bad guys make racist and misogynist statements
- prominently featured cancer patient (multiple myeloma) on her way to a risky bone marrow transplant; the outcome isn’t part of the story but it doesn’t look good
- depictions of burnout depression
- this is set after a (lesbian) divorce; the protagonist doesn’t handle it well, so some cringe-worthiness there
- discussions of parental neglect (plenty), physical and psychological child abuse (in passing)
- discussion of a little kid who died in a car accident because the driver smoked pot
- overall glum atmosphere
- no traditional happy ending
Gift of Words
- closeted lesbians
- being queer in 1994 Boston, mentions of homophobic laws in other states at that time
- the protagonist mentions in an aside that she eats human children
- non-consensual administration of a love potion ^^
- some “mild” depictions of physical torture and slavery in a humorous context
Paula Gets A Pony Ranch
Can’t find anything here. Depictions of a horse birth? Threats of financial ruin? …oh! Mourning. Mourning a dead aunt.
The Strangest Time To Change Your Ways
- mild sexual D/s play
- growing up in poverty, discussions of class differences
- discussion of American politics (pre-Trump, though)
The Temple Treasure
Nothing comes to mind.